What are some developmentally appropriate toys for kids?
by Smartivity on Mon, Aug 29, 22
Childhood is the most remarkable period in a child's life. They are not just learning and developing but also exploring, discovering, and testing their skills and abilities. This period is crucial for the development of their skills, yet parents often overlook it. This can lead to a huge loss of opportunities and difficulty keeping their skills fresh and up to date as they grow older. What do you need to have to have a happy, healthy toddler? Educational Learning Toys are the answer. It is the best way to keep young minds engaged, and it is a great way to nurture their creativity and build new skills. Smartivity has a huge range of toys and games to choose from - including open-ended and active play toys that encourage physical play. Our smart toys for toddlers and grown-up kids are designed to engage children in different ages brackets. We match your child's learning goals with the toys they will enjoy playing with. This way, you can get your child hooked on learning and have a blast. Whether your child is learning about colours, shapes, animals, or numbers, we have a fun and interactive toy that will get them excited about learning.
Toys for young toddlers (2-3 years old)
Some of the educational toys for toddlers to be mentioned here are as follow -
1. Colour Carnival kit is a STEM-based activity kit that combines science with creativity. Kids can learn about colours and how they are created by mixing and matching different coloured materials. Each activity comes with instructions and multiple components to build the experiment.
2. Junior Pre-School Discovery Kit is a fantastic way for them to discover the world around them and learn about different things. It is a wonderful way for your child to start their journey into learning and discovery. It comes with a convenient storage box to keep everything together when not in use. It is a wonderful gift that will be enjoyed for years to come.
3. Smartivity Junior Shapes & Opposites is a fun and engaging way to learn about shapes and opposites. It has been designed to support all different learning styles. Kids will learn colours, opposites and shapes. This game comes with a variety of cards that make learning easy for the kids. It comes with multiple practice modes and you can also choose your favorite card to play again and again. The game helps build a kid’s concentration, memory, attention span, imagination and problem-solving skills.
Toys for (3-4 year-olds)
1. Smartivity, through its STEAM focus, extends children's engagement and learning through play. The Jungle Explorer kit is a fun and engaging play kit that helps children develop physical, social, and cognitive skills through hands-on exploration and discovery of the natural world. The included activities increase children's knowledge and understanding of the world around them, as well as their developing sense of self-confidence and mastery over their environment.
2. Smartivity Junior World Around Me Activity Kit is perfect for young toddlers to discover the world around them by exploring its most common things, situations, and things happening around them. It comes with 11 activities, games, and do-it-yourself toys that help kids explore and learn about the world around them.
Toys for (5-6 year-olds)
1. Ocean Explorer is a 7-in-1 Activity - Great thing about these kids educational toys is that it allows you to tailor your experience depending on what your child likes best. For example, if they are interested in learning about marine life, you can conduct different experiments to see how animals like coral and fish react to different stimuli. If they are more interested in exploring their surroundings, you can try out different ways to capture images in different water depths.
2. Smartivity's Space Explorer Activity Kit is a unique, creative and educational activity kit for kids that comes with everything your little ones need to explore and discover the wonders of space. From easy, no-mess activities like making your own space-themed crafts to more challenging activities such as launching a rocket, the Space Explorer Activity Kit provides a fun and engaging way for your child to learn about the solar system.
Toys for (7-8 year-olds)
1. You can easily create your own kid's play area by installing Mini Football over a concrete or grass surface. It's not only a fun way to let your child play but also a brilliant DIY project. And don't forget, you can use these pieces over and over again, season after season
2. The hydraulic plane launcher is excellent for children who are just learning to take off and fly their kite or want to try their hand at building something they can launch into the sky to soar. The wooden plane launcher is a great tool to help children who are just beginning to take an interest in working with their hands and building things. It also comes with step-by-step instructions, so you can watch and follow along with your children as they make their wooden plane launcher.
Toys for (9-10 year-olds)
1. The Pirate's Telescope is a unique toy for young children. The collapsible telescope features 8X magnification, which is ideal for viewing both small and large objects. With amazing concept clarity of optics and trigonometry, Pirate's Telescope can be used in two ways: first, children can use it to view faraway objects such as the moon and stars; second, they can use it to study nearby objects such as the clouds and trees. To assemble the telescope, children will need only their hands and imagination.
2. One of the most important features of the Pump It Move It Hydraulic Crane is designed for kids to build and assemble. That means that it allows kids to exercise their problem-solving skills and learn how to use tools. Furthermore, it will enable them to practice basic engineering principles like strength, precision, balance and control.
Toys for (11-12 year-olds)
1. When making a mechanical xylofun music machine, it is important to consider the different components that go into each step. For example, you will need to build a gear system and attach wooden pieces to it so that it can create a sound when swung. You will also need to include a way for the gears to vibrate, such as with the use of a motor. By following these steps, you will soon have your very own musical machine built!
2. The arcade is optimal for your children to have fun while learning. By creating a DIY wooden Pinball Machine in their playroom, your kids can learn essential engineering principles while having fun.
Toys for (13-14 year-olds)
1. With STEM Wheels Speedster Toy, you can build your wooden speed car that looks exactly like the ones on TV, complete with a racing flag and steering wheel. Plus, it's one of the most fun projects you can do with kids because they get to help with every step. You can try it out confidently if you have some basic woodworking skills. And if you don't, there are instructions from the Smartivity manual to follow step by step.
2. The wooden mechanical hand toy is a great way to practice your anatomy. It's a fun project that lets you put all of your school knowledge to the test in one sitting. You can hold it, move it.
At Smartivity, we believe that education and fun go hand in hand. We also believe that learning through play is more effective. Our collection of smart toys for children is designed for their developmental stage, engaging them with features that will stimulate their senses and keep them interested in the learning process. No matter what your child's age or interests, there's a smart toy at Smartivity that will keep them engaged and excited about learning!